Thanks for purchasing from our Keep it Cleaner Shop. We value you as our customer and we are committed to protecting your privacy so want to share the following information, which outlines the information we collect from you, how we use this information and your rights in relation to this.
We are committed to managing personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016 / 679 (GDPR) and in accordance with other applicable privacy laws.
Who is Keep it Cleaner?
When we refer to ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘Keep it Cleaner’, this means Keep it Cleaner Pty Ltd ACN 620 357 520 and any wholly owned subsidiaries. Our ABN is 56 620 357 520 and we are based at our office in South Yarra, Australia.
What personal information do we collect?
When you subscribe to our services or sign up for a free trial, we collect the following information from you:
- Your name
- Email address
- Delivery address
- Phone number
- Your marketing preferences such as whether you’d like to receive communications from us
- We also collect information automatically when you visit our website, for example what type of device and browser you are using, as well as your location.
- We may collect your address and shipping details when you purchase goods from our website.
Why do we store your personal information?
We want to give you the best experience possible when interacting with us and using the Keep it Cleaner shop website. We collect information primarily to allow you to use our website.
Some of the reasons we store your information include:
- To provide information about our services including any exciting updates, competitions, promotions and marketing messages.
- To obtain feedback and opinions from you so we can continually improve Keep it Cleaner.
- To record data and analytics that allow us to improve Keep it Cleaner.
- To respond to data requests from you and to fulfil our commitments to data storage and freedom of information under the relevant governing agreements and regulations stated above.
- To allow us to effectively provide services and respond to your complaints and enquiries.
In addition, we may from time to time use some of your personal information for other purposes such as:
- For commercial purposes including allowing us to introduce new products and services.
- To continually improve the relevance of our marketing materials
- To fulfil our reporting obligations to any relevant tax and regulatory bodies
- To share certain information with relevant third parties in order to provide services and marketing messages. We carefully check the privacy policies of any third parties we work with and take steps to limit misuse of your personal data.
When do we collect your personal information?
While most of our data in relation to you comes from collecting it directly from yourself, we may from time to time work with third parties who assist us in our business. Your data is protected by their relevant privacy policies and we take steps to ensure that any data we collect is in line with relevant legislation and best practice.
We collect your personal information when you visit our website, when you purchase a product, and when you interact with us via phone, email or social media.
Examples of when we collect your personal information include:
- When you provide us with personal information during the checkout process.
- When you visit our website.
- When you interact with us via social media whether you like our page, join our private Facebook community, follow us on Instagram or interact with us in any way.
- When we process payments in exchange for goods or services.
- When we collect your billing and shipping information, so we can ship products to you.
- When you contact us via phone, email, letter or social media.
- When you agree to receive emails and marketing communications from us.
What happens when we’re unable to collect your personal information?
If we are unable to collect your personal information, we may not be able to fulfil our obligations to you including providing the services that make up the purchase of goods. We may not be able to provide you with goods and services, as well as answer enquiries about the goods and services we provide. Your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as we would like. We also will be unable to keep you informed of the latest updates, promotions, rewards, competitions and marketing messages.
How do we store your personal information?
We take every effort to store your personal information safely. We may hold your personal information either in electronic or hard copy form. When we store information electronically, this may be on our computer systems, databases, software programs, internet servers and hosted internet solutions. We take every effort to keep your information safe in accordance with relevant government regulation and requirements. Our servers, computer systems and internet hosting are protected through necessary security systems including physical locks, firewalls, security systems and passwords.
When you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will no longer contact you with marketing messages. However, this will not remove your personal information from our systems. If you would like for us to completely remove your personal information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
How we share your data
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. However, we may share some of your data with our third-party partners for commercial purposes in relation to running our business. When this is done, our partners are obligated to only use your data for the reasons agreed with us and have committed to not misuse or sell your data in any way. Your personal data may be shared to the following partners:
- Our employees, contractors or service providers in the instance that this is necessary to provide goods and services to you.
- Our business advisors including accountants, lawyers and other business professionals where reasonably required for them to fulfil their obligations to us.
- Our business partners who collaborate with us to provide goods and services, as well as marketing messages.
- If required by law to any person or body authorised by such law.
Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties if disclosure is required by law. If we sell our business, or we have a change in control, your personal information will be disclosed and transferred to the new owner/controller for that purpose.
We are not liable for any loss, damage or claim arising out of a third party’s use of your personal information where we were authorised by you or law to provide that third party with your personal information.
How do we use your personal information for marketing purposes?
We may use your personal information to send you marketing messages as well as keep you updated on all things Keep it Cleaner. You can unsubscribe from these marketing messages at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our marketing emails or by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that it may take a few days for our systems to update ad you may inadvertently receive marketing messages while they update.
How you may access your personal information?
You have the right to access your personal information stored by us at any time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make this request. Please note that it may take us a few days to collate all the personal information we have stored.
How long do we store your personal information?
We retain your personal information for as long as is needed for us to fulfil our obligations to you, for example to provide goods or services, or to provide marketing messages while you are subscribed. We may also need to store your personal information to comply with any tax or governing bodies. When we no longer need to store your data for these reasons, we will either delete or sufficiently anonymise this.
Do we disclose your personal information overseas?
Keep it Cleaner is based in Australia so the majority of our service providers are Australian based. However, we may from time to time collaborate with overseas partners. We only ever disclose your personal information outside the jurisdiction it was collected where we are permitted to do so under applicable privacy laws. This means that we have taken all necessary steps to keep your information safe as per the relevant privacy regulations.
Changes to our policies
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. Our current policy will be available on the app and on our website at www.keepitcleaner.com.au or a hard copy may be provided to you upon request. If you continue to use our services after any update to this policy, you agree to the terms of the updated policy and consent to the use of personal information in accordance with the updated policy.
Residents in the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area you are protected by specific regulation set out in the GDPR which includes the following:
- You have the right to access your personal information at any time and enquire to exactly what information we are holding about you.
- You have the right to rectify or change your personal information at any time.
- You have the right to request deletion of your personal data at any time unless we are required to hold your data for legal or regulatory reasons.
- You also have the right to restrict whatever personal information we hold on you
- You have the right to request the transfer of your data to a relevant third party.
- You have the right to object to your personal information being used in a way that you do not like and request that we stop doing so. We will fulfil your request unless there is a legal or regulatory reason not to.
Cookies and web browsing
What types of cookies do we use?
We require certain types of cookies in order for our website to operate, for example cookies that allow you to log into secure areas of our websites that require a membership.
We like to know how many lovely members are on our site at any time, as well as where they are visiting from and which pages they visit. This allows us to create content that best suits your needs.
These cookies allow us to see your user journey, so we can make this simple and easy for you. This allows us to customise your experience and our marketing activities, so they are relevant for you.
Third party cookies
This refers to third party cookies from companies such as Facebook and Google, which allow us to bring you offers and advertisements that might be of interest to you through those sites.
What can you do to control your cookies?
Some of the websites that let you control what information is collected about you are:
If you believe we have breached the privacy rights at any time, please send us an email at email@example.com so our privacy office can investigate and respond to you. All such enquiries or complaints will be taken seriously and handled with impartiality and discretion. If you wish to submit a complaint, please provide us with all relevant details such as the date and time of the incident or communication, the circumstances surrounding the event and your concerns about what was said or done.
If you have complained about something that is not covered in the relevant privacy laws, we will explain why we are unable to take further action. Please allow 7 days for us to investigate and respond to any privacy complaints.
If you have any other questions
Please feel free to contact us at:
Mail: The Privacy Officer, Keep it Cleaner, 11 Wilson Street, South Yarra, VIC, 3141 Australia
This policy was last updated on 03/06/221.